May 19, 2021: Update on Face Mask Wearing on Church Grounds and In Buildings:
On May 13, 2021, the CDC released guidance indicating that fully vaccinated persons need not wear a mask in most settings, regardless of whether indoors or outdoors. CDC indicated that fully vaccinated persons are at low risk of experiencing symptomatic or severe COVID-19 infection, and pose a reduced risk of transmitting COVID-19 to others.
Based on this updated recommendation from the CDC, St. Agnes Parish will NOT require FULLY VACCINATED parishioners to wear a face mask on church grounds or in any of the buildings, this also includes while attending any of our masses. We are strongly encouraging all other parishioners to continue to wear their face mask while on church grounds and while attending mass. We will still be enforcing social distancing in the pews during mass as we want to continue being diligent in protecting our church families.
Thank you for your current and past cooperation and we look forward to seeing many of your smiles!
Thank you for your patience as our pastoral staff continues to incorporate and adhere to the diocesan guidelines pertaining to public Masses into the plan for St. Agnes.
Chronology of Parish Response to Covid
May 21, 2020:
- Parishioners received a letter that outlined our plan and explained some of the changes made as we resumed public liturgies. Please also note that we continue to review and update our procedures as we go along.
- Please click HERE to read the May 21st letter.
Effective July 1, 2020:
- Some Mass times were changed - Friday morning liturgies are now at 8:30 AM and Sunday liturgies are now 8:30 AM & 11:00 AM.
- You no longer need to sign-up online or make a reservation for weekday Masses because the number of people attending is low. You will need to sign-in at the church when you arrive for daily Mass and continue to wear a face mask and practice social distancing.
- For weekend liturgies we continue to request that people register online or call the parish office to get registered.
Effective September 1, 2020:
- We are now using an online signup for our Ministry Schedule for parishioners to sign up to participate as a Lector, Eucharistic Minister or Assembly Coordinator.
Effective April 11, 2021:
- We are no longer asking people to sign up in advance to attend Mass or sign in at Mass. All other safety measures remain in place (required to wear masks, social distance seating, hand sanitizer.) Ministry sign up remains online.
If you experience challenges with the sign-up sites, you may also call the parish office for assistance.