Knights of Columbus
Knights of Columbus News
NOTICE: Based on the current circumstances and with a profound desire to protect the health and well-being of all, we continue to determine how and when we can modify and/or resume our various ministries and programs. Meanwhile, below is information on our typical programs and potential start dates.
Calendar of Upcoming Events:
- January 6 - Planning Meeting 7:00 PM - members will receive an email with information as to whether this will be an in-person or virtual meeting.
- January 20 - Business Meeting 7:00 PM - members will receive an email with information as to whether this will be an in-person or virtual meeting.
From the Grand Knight:
Happy New Year from your Fowlerville Council 8605! We are certainly missing our friends in the parish.
And we are sorry we have to continue to postpone this month’s activities that could have drawn us together.
- Our annual Chili Cookoff and Euchre tournament and our Winter Texas Hold ‘Em tournament are off, but on the back burner until the safer days return.
- Our Last Sunday of the Month Family Rosary Devotion is also postponed. But we encourage you to take 25 minutes on January 30/31st before your weekend Mass and say the Rosary with your family in Devotion to the Blessed Mary.
- Brother Knight Bud Scott will still be hosting a Red Cross Blood Drive at the LPC on Monday, January 18th. If you are available, there are a limited number of appointment reservations to donate that can still be scheduled. You must do so through the American Red Cross website. The Red Cross has complete protocols in place to provide a safe environment.
Our Council is still planning for a successful and productive year. Catholic men of the parish, we would love to have you join us in our plans. Strongly consider joining the Knights of Columbus. New faces can bring us new ideas. Help us come back past these Covid days to make our parish better than ever. Contact our Membership Director John Backhuus at 517-290-6222.
Larry Sheridan, Grand Knight
If you have any questions about the Knights of Columbus please email Larry Sheridan or our Membership Director, John Backhuus. We are the largest Catholic men’s fraternal organization. Ask us about the charity work that we do locally and worldwide.