"Christ In Us" Serving the needs of others...
Diaper Dash May 25th - June 16th
Diaper Dash has begun! The playpen is all set up in Higgins Hall Gathering Space, ready to welcome diapers, formula, quilts, and new/gently used baby clothing benefiting the Pregnancy Help Clinic in Brighton. The DASH! will be over before you know, so don’t delay!
Migrant Family Welcome Baskets - extended to June 16th!
While Deacon Pete and Deacon Roger extend their sincerest gratitude for all your donations that are pouring in, they would like to announce this drive has been extended an extra week. So, there is still time to visit the Little Red Wagon to provide laundry baskets, laundry soap, dish soap, dish towels, and bath towels for arriving migrant families to Buurma Farms!
This year's Backpack Boogie will run from July 13 thru August 11. This activity has had many wonderful, enthusiastic leaders. For the past few years, Joleen and Michael Rebarchik have volunteered their time and energy to organize, count, and deliver carloads of backpacks, a myriad of school supplies, and mountains of children’s socks and underwear to the Fowlerville Family Impact Center (FFIC). Everything you donate stays in this community for local children.
Let's Finish the Virtual Tour of Christian Service Volunteer Activities!
- Ronald McDonald House Toity Drive capitalizes on being scheduled at the end of summer vacation. Ronald McDonald House provides a Home-Away-from-Home for families during medical crisis. We deliver your donated mini bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash, bars of soap, and other toiletry items to them.
- Veggie Swap spans most of the growing season – mid-July thru late September. A basket tower in the Gathering Space is ground zero. The motto is ‘Leave what you can - Take what you need!’ Welcome Table uses some of this garden goodness. Then, every Tuesday any leftovers are delivered to Fowlerville Family Impact Center.
- Coupon Central is the Little Red Wagon by the Christian Service table in the Gathering Space. A representative from Fowlerville Family Impact Center picks up the coupons for their clients’ use.
Did You Know: Volunteering is the New Workout!
We can all agree volunteering makes an amazing difference in the lives of others. But did you know how much it actually helps the volunteer? Some benefits are lowering stress, easing depression and anxiety, boosting confidence, brain stimulation thru mental activity, and increasing your spirituality through evangelization. Studies show human interaction and socialization with others in need can provide you with a strong sense of value and purpose – adding to your overall fitness.
In the past few months, you have experienced a virtual tour of the ministries and activities of Christian Service. Other satisfying activities at our parish also await your creative touch – such as Sunday Hospitality (Donuts!) and making The House of God sparkling clean? What an honor!
If you have questions that have not been addressed, are ’testing the waters’, or ready to dive in, contact us! We will make it happen!
On the Horizon: Upcoming events and future activities
Golf, golf, and more golf! Pick your date - pick your Organization!
- June 10: Lakelands Golf & CC. Arc Livingston & Friends in support of Special Olympics. Info: Arc Livingston 517-546-1228 or Lorri 810-394-3013.
- June 24: Lakelands Golf & CC. VINA Community Dental Clinic. Go to their Facebook page or mail registration to 400 E. Grand River, Brighton 48116.
- August 3: Oak Lane (Webberville). Walker Family Foundation ‘Golf for a Cure’. Go to their Facebook page or email: [email protected]
Also - Men's Retreat is June 14th at DeSales Center , Brooklyn, MI (1142 Ventura Drive, Brooklyn 49230). This overnight retreat will focus on the four foundational relationships every man is called to have in his life. For more information: https://www.dioceseoflansing.org/mens-retreat
Hope in a Box
Need for the month of June: Laundry Soap
Pope Francis’ Prayer Intentions for June: The Mode of Life of Priests: That priests, through the modesty and humility of their lives, commit themselves actively to a solidarity with those who are most poor.
Christian Service Hours SUMMER SCHEDULE: 10 AM - 12 Noon the second Tuesday of June, July, August. Specifically: June 11, July 9, August 13. Christian Service staff will be available additional summer Tuesdays if there is a sudden work spurt, necessary bedding order or some other unforeseen circumstance. Regular office hours will resume the Tuesday after Labor Day.
Call the parish office at 517-223-8684 and ask for ext. 312. Please remember: Christian Service is an all-volunteer ministry so it could take a bit of time until we get back with you.
NOTE: Our email address has changed! To reach us via email, please use our new address: [email protected]
Please contact us if you or someone you know is in need of assistance before things get out of hand.
We are here to assist by listening, giving suggestions and/or direction for avenues of assistance, and helping in other possible ways.