Events at St. Agnes At-A-Glance
- July 19 - Movie Night - Finding Fatima
- July 26 - Movie Night - Ocean of Mercy
- August 10 - Livingston Vicariate Catholic Council on Aging Picnic (see article below for more info)
- August 13 - K of C (Williamston) Charity Golf Outing
- August 20 - FunFest
- September 30 - "Murder in Margaritaville" - 6 PM in the Lothamer Parish Center
Fr. Nate's State of the Parish
Part 1 (July 7)
This month I begin my fourth year at St. Agnes. So much has been accomplished by the collected efforts of the parish staff and by countless generous volunteers. Together we work in the vineyard of the Lord to continue the Mission of the Church in Fowlerville, Michigan.
I am very moved by how many of you are taking to heart the mission to evangelize and invite people to Mass and faith programs at St. Agnes. Once again this Fall we will be offering the ALPHA program on Wednesday evenings. Reach out and invite people to attend this life changing program that helps them rebuild their relationship with Jesus.
With the online resource FORMED you can now enrich your faith right at home and have the resources to even start small faith groups in your home/neighborhood as you select movies together or pick a series to journey through.
Catechesis of the Good Shephard continues to bring forth great fruit. The faith lives of children and parents are transformed as they are catechized in this new way. They build a real relationship with the living Jesus and discover the treasure of the Mass, the Eucharist and the Sacraments.
His Merciful Heart Prayer Group gathers on Tuesday Evenings to praise God. In sharing the gifts of the Holy Spirit they offer prayers, hope, and healing to those to participate. All are welcome!
Through music we raise our voices to praise the Lord and are moved by the lyrics. The choir, cantors, Adult and Youth musicians, Adult and Youth hand bell choirs, all support and build up our faith as they enhance our Liturgy. New members are always welcome. Talk to Linda or Elaine, they are happy to let you know what is being planned and see what you are interested in and how you can offer your voice and musical talents to the Lord.
Part 2 (July 16)
Over the past 12 months the following has been accomplished through your generous financial support of the parish and by many, many hours of donated time and labor by dedicated parishioners. If you have the time to help with small projects please talk to me, Ken Michael, or Karl Weber. We can always use help with electrical, plumbing, painting and minor repair projects.
- Last Summer: new roof, gutters & trim paint on the rectory
- Last Summer: new paint under outside entrance to Church & on bell tower
- Last Fall: parking lot cracks filled and a drain replaced
- Fall and Spring: windows caulked, LPC expansion joints caulked, brick masonry repair work completed
- Fall: All new lights and ballasts installed in the gym, LED lights for front of Church installed
- Fall: Electronic Bell System installed
- Winter: volunteers helped with shoveling snow from sidewalks
- Spring: started a Safety Team
- Spring: floors all waxed, new hot water heater for rectory/parish office
- Summers: grass cut and flower beds maintained by volunteers
- Year Round: Church cleaned by volunteers
- Spring: started to replace electrical outlets and label circuit breakers/outlets
- This Summer: working on classrooms for Level 2 of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- This Summer: working on new phone system (most of which is being donated)
- This Summer: parking lot patches, seal coat and restriped, concrete leveling
- This Summer/Fall: working on a new server & upgrades to computers
50+ Livingston Vicariate Catholic Council on Aging SUMMER CELEBRATION & PICNIC
Where: Holy Spirit Parish, 9565 Musch Road, Brighton, MI 48161
When: Mass at 11am; Picnic Lunch & Music at noon
PLEASE RSVP by Friday, August 4, 2017
- There is no cost for this activity, though all attendees are asked to bring a dish to share.
- Bring your specialty picnic food, whether vegetable, dessert, or fruit.
- The Livingston Vicariate Catholic Council on Aging will provide sloppy joe’s, paper products and beverages.
- To assure sufficient food, please RSVP with Donna Andrizzi at 517-223-1909 no later than August 4, 2017.
- Mass will be celebrated by Father Francis George, Pastor of St. John’s, at 11:00am.
- We will be indoors if the weather is rainy or too hot.
- All community members over 50 years of age are welcome to attend.
- For more information, contact Jaynee or Mark at (517) 545-5944.
Silent Auction Presale Baskets Being Assembled
Kay Kuch, Rosemary Cahaney, Vicki Buell & Mariann Brown work to prepare silent Auction Baskets which will be available for pre-sale bidding beginning July 29-30. Bidding will close on Sunday August 13 precisely at Noon. The majority of silent auction baskets will be available on Sunday August 20 at Funfest in the Lothamer Parish Center.
Congratulations to Bruce and Allison Ward as they were the winners of the first gift card drawing for returning all of their sold funfest raffle tickets. Please return your sold tickets to the parish office by July 30th to be eligible for the next gift card drawing.
As you may know, the raffle ticket sales represent the majority of the income we receive from Funfest. As a parish we have tried to back off of adding more fundraisers to focus more on ministries, programs and events. As a result we really need a great deal of support to make our Funfest fundraising goal. You can help us achieve this goal by returning your sold tickets. If you are unable to purchase the tickets we would encourage you to try to sell them to family members, friends, or neighbors. If you are unable to sell your tickets we still need them returned to the parish office.
Prayer for the Return of Non-practicing Catholics
O Good Shepherd, you never cease to seek out the lost, to call home the stray, to comfort the frightened, and to bind up the wounded.
I ask you to bring (names) back to the practice of the Faith, and to remove all obstacles that prevent them from receiving your abundant mercy, which flows sacramentally through the heart of your holy Church.
Through the intercession of Mary, the Mother of God, their Guardian Angels, their Patron Saints and the ever-prayerful St. Monica, may you pardon their sins and unshackle them from whatever hinders their freedom to come Home.
For you, O Good Shepherd, have loved us to the end and offered yourself to the Father for the salvation of all.
Your Scrip Card Purchases Add Up!
Here's a quick update on our Scrip Program. In Fiscal Year 2015-16 we have already earned $2,748. Quite simply, you buy the gift card at face value from the parish and the vendor gives the parish a percentage discount. This discount adds up fast and is basically “free” money for the church.
Please call, email or stop in the office to purchase from our inventory of various participating vendors.