Events at St. Agnes At-A-Glance
- September 19 - Baptismal Preparation - Part 1
- September 23-24 - Shop and Share Kicks Off (after the masses)
- September 24 - Knights of Columbus Breakfast (after both masses)
- September 24 - Autumn Christian Service Meeting - 9:45 AM
- September 24 - Children's Liturgy Ministry Training - Noon
- September 24 - Veggie Swap Ends
- September 26 - Baptismal Preparation - Part 2
- September 28 - Cemetery Committee Meeting - 7 PM
- October 1 - National Life Chain
- October 7-8 - Sacrament of the Sick (at all masses)
- October 8 - Bowling League Begins
- October 13 - Celebrate the Miracle at Fatima - 7 PM
- October 14 - Peer to Peer Ministry - 10 AM to 1 PM
- October 14 - Quilting Affair - 10 AM to 3 PM
- October 31 - Advent Giving Tree Begins
Expecting a baby? Sign up now… Have a baby? Sign up now...
Belonging…Our new baptism process!!
We will be using a new formation program done by Fr. Mike Schmitz (also did Altaration) and Ascension Press for our baptism preparation beginning this fall. We will be hosting quarterly two part sessions—fall, winter, spring, summer for parents desiring to have their child baptized. If you, or someone you know, is expecting a baby or already has a child they would like to receive this initiation sacrament, please call the office or talk to Marie to sign up for the first sessions on September 19 & 26.
You are Invited to Join the St. Agnes Bowling League
- WHEN: Every other Sunday Beginning October 8, 2017
- Open practice at 2:15 PM – Start time 2:30 PM
- WHERE: Howell Bowl-E-Drome
- COST: $12.50 per bowler/3 games (Includes prize money at end of season)
We are currently organizing the bowling league for the 2017-2018 season. All who are interested please call Liz Heslip in the parish office at 517-223-8684 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. You DO NOT need to be a good bowler to participate but you DO have to be willing to have fun! Also, if you are not interested in committing for the season but would like to be a sub please call the office.
Peer to Peer Ministry
You are cordially invited to a Peer to Peer Workshop, Saturday, October 14, from 10 AM to 1 PM at St. Agnes Church in Fowlerville.
For more information, please contact Margaret Grima, Coordinator of Specialized Ministries at 517/342-2555 or email at email@example.com.
In an effort to build friendships and inclusion of special needs children, teens, and adults into the parish life of your church, we invite YOU to come and participate in this FREE workshop. Lunch will be provided.
Howell Melon Patchers Quilt Guild Invites You to Our Quilting Affair
- WHEN: Saturday, October 14th 10 AM to 3 PM
- WHERE: St. Agnes Catholic Church
- ADMISSION: $5.00
- Featuring Guest Speaker: Lynn Harris, Author of “Every Last Piece” and Guest on TV Show “Sewing with Nancy”
- For more information contact: Wendy Ogletree 586-291-7464 or Janet McClain 810-632-5517
Prayer for the Return of Non-practicing Catholics
O Good Shepherd, you never cease to seek out the lost, to call home the stray, to comfort the frightened, and to bind up the wounded.
I ask you to bring (names) back to the practice of the Faith, and to remove all obstacles that prevent them from receiving your abundant mercy, which flows sacramentally through the heart of your holy Church.
Through the intercession of Mary, the Mother of God, their Guardian Angels, their Patron Saints and the ever-prayerful St. Monica, may you pardon their sins and unshackle them from whatever hinders their freedom to come Home.
For you, O Good Shepherd, have loved us to the end and offered yourself to the Father for the salvation of all.
Your Scrip Card Purchases Add Up!
Here's a quick update on our Scrip Program. In Fiscal Year 2015-16 we have already earned $2,748. Quite simply, you buy the gift card at face value from the parish and the vendor gives the parish a percentage discount. This discount adds up fast and is basically “free” money for the church.
Please call, email or stop in the office to purchase from our inventory of various participating vendors.