"Christ In Us" Serving the needs of others...
Christmas in July – Prayer Shawl Ministry
There have been 2 prayer shawl blessings this year (January and May). 66 prayer shawls and 7 Baptismal blankets have been lovingly sent from Massachusetts to Mexico and all across Michigan. A dozen prayer shawls went to Red Cedar Oncology in Lansing. There are many stories but one stands out: We received a donated shawl made by a gentleman who is blind. That same evening, a Grandma inquired about the shawl, wanting to take it to her grandson in Florida who was born with one eye undeveloped and the other eye with a detached retina. The child was just a few weeks old and retina surgery had to wait until he was at least 3 months old. Wow! The Holy Spirit is always working for our good! All we need to do is open our hearts and let the love of Jesus in. Many Blessings, Kathy Maresco
Dear Friends, though there will be no Christmas in July fund raiser to support the Prayer Shawl ministry, Christian Service supports them with all our heart! If you would like to extend your support, please use the Christian Service envelope in your packet, make a donation earmarked especially for the Prayer Shawl group, or donate yarn (4 ply, machine washable/dryable, any amount – any color).
It’s on! You have to use the BIG magnifying glass, but a few back-to-school bargains can be found out there! So next time you purchase summer necessities, pop a notebook, some folders, or a box of pencils into your cart. Donations can be placed in the Little Red Wagon. Everything goes to the Fowlerville Family Impact Center to benefit Fowlerville community students. Mmmm! There’s nothing like the smell of a new box of crayons!
It’s Baaaack! Have you noticed? The Veggie Swap basket tower has made its annual appearance in Higgins Hall! Shopping bags are available (in one of the baskets) to help carry goodies home. Leave what you can … Take what you need! ‘Leftovers’ go to Fowlerville Family Impact Center every week. The Swap runs through September.
On the Horizon: Upcoming Events and Future Activities
- VINA Golf Outing: July 21. Fundraiser for VINA Community Dental Center at Majestic in Hartland. VINA provides basic dental care for ~2000 low-income uninsured Livingston Co folks. http://www.golfoutingpro.com/event/vina
- Summer Garden Party: July 22. Sponsored by LACASA. Hosted by Bader Acres. 6pm until twilight. Enjoy wines, craft brews, hors d’oeuvres, hot jazz and more! For info and tickets: http://www.lacasacenter.org/twilight2017/ or 517-548-1350.
- Le Concours de Livingston: August 6. Love INC invites you to their annual bash at Waldenwoods Resort and Conference Center. ‘Heavy appetizers’, beverages, live and silent auctions, and entertainment featuring the Paradise Band. Info: http://www.livingstonloveinc.org/leconcours-about or 517-552-3620.
Hope In A Box
- Need for the month of July: TBD
- Pope Francis’ Prayer Intentions for July: That our brothers and sisters who have strayed from the faith, through our prayer and witness to the Gospel, may rediscover the merciful closeness of the Lord and the beauty of the Christian life.
Christian Service SUMMER Hours: The Christian Service office will be open the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays during the months of June-July-August from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
Call the parish office at 517-223-8684 and ask for ext. 312 if you need an appointment at a time outside these posted hours. Please remember this is an all-volunteer ministry so it could take a bit of time until we get back with you.
Please let us know if you or someone you know is in need of assistance "before" things get out of hand.
We are here to assist by way of listening, giving direction for assistance and helping in whatever way possible. It is easier to help before we have to deal with shut-off notices or bill collectors.