"Christ In Us" Serving the needs of others...
Christian Service Spring Meeting Afterglow
On May 20th, the Christian Service team got together, reported on events and activities since January and charted the summer path forward. Making a return appearance will be all the popular, familiar activities: Migrant Welcome Baskets, Diaper Dash, Backpack Boogie, and Veggie Swap. Ronald McDonald Toity Drive is also on the calendar but has been moved to the end of August. Keep your eye on this column for important details as the summer unfolds!
Migrant Family Welcome Baskets
The Deacons of Livingston County will again be actively involved with migrant families at Buurma Farms. In addition to spiritual support, parishes in the area are asked to supply material support in the form of welcome baskets. As in past years, St Agnes is being asked to collect: laundry baskets, laundry soap, dish soap, dish towels, and bath towels. Your donation of any of these items can be placed in the Little Red Wagon by June 10th.
Deacon Pete and Deacon Roger thank you for your generosity!
Getting ‘Spirit Fit’
- You are more beautiful than you realize … https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=180&v=XpaOjMXyJGk
- Bluegrass! Cryin’ Holy (Unto My Lord) performed by Vince Gill and Del McCoury Band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZNVRruoiS4
On the Horizon: Upcoming events and future activities
- Diaper Dash! Begins June 2-3. The Dash benefits Pregnancy Help Clinic in Brighton. The playpen will soon be in the Gathering Space, collecting diapers, formula, clothing, quilts, and other baby related items. Ready … Set … Dash!
- Fishing Derby for Kids: June 9. Brighton Millpond in downtown Brighton. Registration begins at 7:30am with t-shirts to the first 150 kids! Derby runs from 8:00-11:00am. Bring your gear and a bucket for the fish. Pizza and awards for the kids at 11:15am. For more info: www.brightonoptimist.org/derby FREE!
- Howell Summer Programs: The Howell Carnegie District Library has a fabulous array of activities to keep every member of your family busy this summer! Many offerings are ‘drop in’ status. No pre-registration necessary. For more information, call 517-546-0720 x107. Check out their calendar at: http://howelllibrary.org/calendar.htm
Christian Service SUMMER Hours: The lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer are upon us once again and CS is going on summer schedule during June-July-August. For these months, our office will be open on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month from 10:30am until 12:30pm. Regular office hours will resume after Labor Day..
Call the parish office at 517-223-8684 and ask for ext. 312 if you need an appointment at a time outside these posted hours. Please remember this is an all-volunteer ministry so it could take a bit of time until we get back with you.
Please let us know if you or someone you know is in need of assistance "before" things get out of hand.
We are here to assist by way of listening, giving direction for assistance and helping in whatever way possible. It is easier to help before we have to deal with shut-off notices or bill collectors.